Please select the icon below which best represents the injury. *If the injury is not represented by any of the icons below, please select the “Other Injuries” icon.
California Lawyers for Pedestrian Accident Injury Claims
Accidents involving pedestrians and motor vehicles are surprisingly common. Pedestrian accidents happen every day in California, causing serious injury or death to thousands of people each year. When negligent, reckless or careless drivers cause pedestrian accidents, injured victims and their families may be entitled to compensation in a personal injury claim. If you’re suffering, please call us now for a free consultation at 1.800.925.0723.
Mike Bomberger explains pedestrian accident cases:
Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Some of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Drivers on cell phones/texting
- Distracted drivers
- Drunk drivers
- Poorly designed intersections
- Speeding drivers
- Illegal u-turns
- Dangerous back-up maneuvers
- Failing to yield
- Disregarding weather conditions
- Missing stop signs
Unsafe Intersection Pedestrian Accidents
Accidents at intersections account for many pedestrian accidents in California. Drivers who violate pedestrian right-of way, ignore posted signs and traffic signals, travel at unsafe speeds, or make illegal turns and strike a pedestrian in an intersection or crosswalk may be responsible for the injuries or death they cause.
Some intersection accidents may be caused by the design of the intersection itself. Confusing directional signs, defective traffic signals and lack of turning lanes may also contribute to an accident. If the design of the intersection caused or contributed to your injuries as a pedestrian, the city or state responsible for maintaining that intersection may be liable for your injuries.
Pedestrian Accident Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Claims
Pedestrians injured through no fault of their own and families of pedestrians killed may seek compensation against negligent drivers and other parties whose actions caused or contributed to an accident. The California pedestrian injury lawyers at Estey & Bomberger have recovered millions for victims of pedestrian vs. car accidents, pedestrian vs. bus accidents, pedestrian vs. truck accidents, and pedestrian vs. bicycle accidents. Some of our pedestrian accident case results include:
- $3.30 million settlement for extensive injuries in a pedestrian vs. bus accident.
- $2.25 million settlement for ex-pro baseball pitcher in pedestrian vs. auto accident.
- $2.05 million settlement for multiple injuries including spinal fracture in pedestrian vs. motor vehicle accident.
- $1.25 million settlement for multiple injuries including femur fracture, ankle fracture, closed head trauma, facial fractures and internal trauma in car vs. pedestrian accident.